- Ricotta Filling
- 8 ounce (oz) ricotta cheesepart skim
- 4 ounce (oz) cottage cheeselow fat
- 3 tablespoon parmesan
- 2 tablespoon parsleyfresh flat leaf
- 1 tablespoon basilfresh
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakesoptional
- black pepperto taste
- Other Ingredients
- 2 zucchinilarge
- 1 Italian turkey sausgemild, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheeseshredded
- Ricotta Filling
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grilled Zucchini
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- While the grill is heating, slice the zucchini lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick planks.
- Spray with cooking spray or brush with oil both sides of the zucchini planks, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the zucchini on the hot grill and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until the zucchini is soft and pliable.
- Remove from the grill and cool until they can be handled.
- Assembling the Zucchini Lasagna Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 10.5 x 7" casserole dish or similar size with cooking spray.
- Spread a 1/4 cup of the marinara sauce evenly over the bottom of the dish.
- Blot any excess liquid off of the cooled planks of zucchini with paper towels.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of the ricotta filling onto one side of the zucchini and spread it into an even layer.
- Sprinkle a few of the cooked sausage crumbles on top of the filling.
- Roll up the zucchini and place them seam side down in the casserole dish.
- Top the zucchini rolls with the remaining marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.