- 8 ounce (oz) Cabot Neufchâtel cheese1 block , room temperature
- 2 tablespoon basilchopped fresh, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepperground black
- pinch salt
- 1 1/4 cup Cabot Alpine Cheddarshredded , divided
- 1 slice(s) white breadcrusts removed, chopped in food processor until fine crumbs, about 1 ounce or ¾ cup
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoeschopped
- 2 tablespoon red onionminced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat small (about 2 1/2-cup) oven-proof baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer until light and airy, about two minutes. Beat in 4 teaspoons of basil, pepper and salt. Add 1 cup of cheddar and breadcrumbs; beat until blended.
- Spread mixture in prepared dish. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until heated through but not bubbling.
- Let cool on wire rack for about 10 minutes. Serve warm, topped with tomatoes, red onions and remaining 2 teaspoons basil.