- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlicminced
- 6 cup mushroomsportobello
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemonjuice
- 2 tablespoon basilfresh, chopped
- 6 kaiserrolls, split, toasted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 lettuceleaves
- 6 slice(s) tomato
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate. Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Arrange the portobello mushrooms gill-side up on a tray or baking sheet. Brush the mushrooms with some of the vinegar mixture, and allow to marinate for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place the marinated mushrooms on the preheated grill, gill-side down. Grill mushrooms until tender, brushing both sides of the mushrooms with the remaining marinade, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Mix the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and basil in a small bowl. Butter the toasted kaiser rolls, then spread with the mayonnaise mixture. Divide the mushrooms, lettuce, and tomato slices evenly to make 6 sandwiches.
A light vegetarian sandwich with great flavor that is perfect for summer. You can use just about any type of bread but Kaiser rolls or burger buns are best. I like to serve this with grilled squash and a glass of white wine.