Get better soup. Immune boosting and sinus-clearing soup made with ginger, turmeric, garlic, sweet potatoes, squash, and more.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, green tops removed and discarded. White bottoms sliced thin
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 Tablespoons fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 3 pieces of fresh turmeric, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup dried mushrooms (optional)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 Tablespoon coriander seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 cups of water
- 2 vegetable bullion cubes
- 3 cups kale, stemmed and chopped
Place all ingredients except kale in a large soup pot or instant pot.
Bring to a boil and then simmer for 1 hour.
Add the kale and simmer for 15 minutes more.