Delicious Fettuccine with fresh seasonal vegetables; courgette, cherry tomatoes, parsley, mint and thyme. This easy summer recipe is a great alternative pasta dish for a lighter bite.
- 3 Fettuccine nests
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large courgette
- Dried mixed herbs such as mint, parsley and thyme
- Fresh parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the courgette carpaccio by firstly mixing together the lemon juice, 3 tbsps olive oil, salt and pepper, capers and the dried herbs.
- Wash the courgettes and cut them into almost transparent strips with a potato peeler or sharp knife, lay them on a large plate with sides. Cover the layers of courgette strips with plenty of the marinade.
- Cover the courgette carpaccio with a lid or foil and leave for at least 5 or 6 hours or ideally overnight, but remember to remove from the fridge at least an hour before you need to add the courgettes to the pasta.
- Wash and cut the cherry tomatoes into halves or quarters, sprinkle them with a little salt.
- Cook the Fettuccine in a large pan of salted boiling water according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and place in a large serving dish. Add a drop of olive oil and the tomatoes and then the courgette carpaccio.
- Mix the Fettuccine and sauce together and sprinkle with chopped parsley or flakes of parmesan or both!
Can be served tepid or cold (cool the pasta down by rinsing it an draining well before adding the other ingredients)