- 2 pita breadsround
- 6-8 cup romaine lettucechopped
- 2 chicken breastsboneless skinless, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 teaspoon mediterranean seasoning
- 1 red bell pepperthinly sliced
- 1/2 red onionthinly sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheesecrumbled
- cucumberpeeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 cup greek yogurtplain fat free
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon garlicminced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaiselight
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush pita breads with olive oil and cut into triangles. Lay in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes until lightly browned. Allow to cool.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Season chicken with Mediterranean seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat in a large skillet for 4-6 minutes on each side until cooked through. Cut into strips.
- Distribute lettuce, chicken, peppers, onions, feta cheese and pita croutons between 4 bowls. Serve with tzatziki dressing.
For the dressing you can add some light mayo to thicken and add richness. I have made it with and without the mayo and both are delicious. When using mayo, I found that ¼ cup was perfect for my taste.
A great tip for seeding the cucumber: slice the cucumber in half lengthwise (after peeling), then use a metal teaspoon to scrape out the seeds.