- Garlic butter
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 5 Portobello Mushroomsstem removed, washed and dried with a paper towel
- 4 mozzarella cheeseballs, sliced thinly
- 1 cup grape tomatoesor cherry
- Balzamic glaze
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat. Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven.
- Combine all of the Garlic Butter ingredients together in a small saucepan (or microwave safe bowl), and melt until garlic is fragrant. Brush the bottoms of each mushroom and place them, buttered side down, on a baking tray.
- Fill each mushroom with the mozzarella slices and tomatoes, and grill/broil until cheese has melted and golden in colour (about 8 minutes).
- To serve, top with the basil, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Balsamic glaze
- (If making from scratch, prepare while mushrooms are in the oven.) Combine sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until mixture has thickened and reduced to a glaze.
Garlic buttered Portobello Mushrooms stuffed and grilled with fresh mozzarella cheese, tomato slices and fresh shredded basil leaves, then drizzled with a rich balsamic glaze for the classic Caprese flavour!