A breakfast pizza topped with sun-dried tomatoes and basil pesto. It's perfect for pizza night or saturday morning breakfast!
- 1/2 recipe homemade pizza dough or store-bought
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8-10 baby bella mushrooms, sliced (see notes)
- 1/4 cup homemade basil pesto or store-bought
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, black pepper, garlic powder, AND onion powder
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 large eggs
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula
- MUSHROOMS: heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauce for 3-4 minutes or until they brown just barely. Season with a little salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- PIZZA: Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 475ºF. Flatten the pizza dough into a 12-inch circle. Create a lip or rim by thickening the dough around the crust portion. This keeps everything in. Transfer dough carefully to a parchment lined baking sheet. Let the dough rest for 10-15 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, crack the eggs in 4 separated bowls of ramekins. Combine the red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Spread the pesto in a thin layer on each pizza. Arrange the sun-dried tomatoes and mushrooms on top and sprinkle with the prepared seasonings. Top with the mozzarella cheese slices, leaving four wells where you'll place the eggs later.
- Bake the pizza on the highest rack for 5 minutes. Remove the pizza. Press the wells with a large spoon if the dough is puffing up. Place each egg in a separate well and place the pizza back in the oven for 5-6 minutes if you want a runny yolk and 7-9 minutes for a more firm yolk. Remove from oven, let stand 1-2 minutes before grating fresh parmesan cheese on top and topping with arugula. Cut into slices and serve immediately!