Spicy, hot and flavorsome rice wrapped with poultry or lamb with berries. Bombay Biryani can be a traditional South East Asian meat along with condiment pilau (rice) dish.
- Meat (beef/mutton/chicken) 500g-750g
- Rice (Soaked for 10 minutes) 500g-750g
- Oil/ghee ½ cup (140ml)
- Onions (Finely chopped) 4 (Medium sized)
- Potatoes (peeled and halved) 3 (Medium sized)
- Tomatoes (Finely Chopped) 6-7 (Medium sized)
- Yogurt ½ cup (125g)
- Garlic (Paste) 1tbsp
- Ginger (Finely chopped) 1tbsp
- Green chillies (Slit in two) 6-8
- Salt 2 tbsp
- Yellow Food Colour 1pinch (Mixed in 4 tbsp water)
- Regal’s Bombay Biryani Masala mix 70g (1 packet)
- Step By Step
- Fry red onion in oil/ghee until golden brown. Add various meats, cinnamon, garlic, tomato vegetables, yogurt and Regal’s Bombay Biryani Mix and fry for 10-15 moments. Add the apples when various meats are 50 percent soft.
- Add 1 cup the water and prepare on low warm until various meats is soft (water is not needed for chicken). When oil/ghee distinguishes from gravy, add green chillies and prepare for another 2 moments then turn warm off.
In another pan, steam grain in 6-8 glasses the water with 2 tablespoons of salt. Strain the water when grain is 50 percent done.
- Set grain and various meats curry in alternate levels in a big cooking pan. Spread yellow food colour on grain. Cover and prepare on low warm for 10-15 moments.
- You can also take your Bombay Biryani with chopped boiled egg.
For more Bombay Biryani recipes, Please visit our website at PunjabiDesiFoods.