Looking for a dinner recipe ? Then check out this beef and beer chili recipe !
- • 3 tablespoons of oil
- • 1 medium red onion, choped
- • 1 small red bell pepper
- • 250g of beef
- • 2 garlic cloves, minced
- • 1 1/2 tablespoons of chili powder
- • 2 jalapeno peppers, choped
- • 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- • 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- • 1 teaspoon of sugar
- • 1 teaspoon of salt
- • 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- • 1 can of red kidney beans, drained
- • 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained
- • 1 can of tomato paste
- • 1 can of beef broth
- • 1 bottle of beer
- • 1 tablespoon of yellow cornmeal
- • 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, cook and stir onion, bell pepper, jalapeno peppers, and garlic in the hot oil until softened.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, add beef broth and beer. Continue to cook , scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet, until liquid is hot, about 3 minutes.
Stir beef mixture into pepper mixture. Stir diced tomatoes and tomato paste to the beef mixture. Season with chili powder, 2 teaspoons of cumin, sugar, basil, salt and oregano. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until meat and vegetables are very tender and flavors have developed in the chili, about 90 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix kidney beans into beef and vegetables. Continue to simmer until beans are hot, about 30 minutes more.
Serve it hot with sour cream and grated cheese !