Hello food lovers around the world! 🙂
My name is Sanja and this my first blog. I really loves to cook. I think that with cooking you share love with others. My passion are cakes, and especially kuglofs.
What do I love about kuglofs?
I think kuglof is a king of the cakes. You can eat it while drinking the coffee in the morning, or you can order it in most famous restaurant around the globe. But, it can be a great gift to loved ones. Usually first association to kuglofs is some kind traditional. It is some kind of a simple cake, but I choose to make something special and beautiful from kuglofs. I want to raise is on a completely new level. I love to play with decoration, but especially I love to change traditional recipes and bring something new and fresh.
Here is the link of a recipe for a traditional and basic kuglof:
How to change kuglof into something new?
Basic recipe can be changed according to yours taste by adding cocoa, hazelnuts, almonds, dried raisins, different kinds of jams, chocolates, fruits, marzipan, rum, yoghurt or mascarpone cheese. Basically you can add whatever you like and want. What I have found most impressive is to decorate kuglof with white chocolate. It gaves it a special glow. But, couple years ago I got an idea to put a lovely flower in the middle. And I found that most people are simply amazed with this simple detail.
Here is a recipe of my favorite kuglof:
- 4 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 200 g flour
- 1 dl warm water
- 1 baking powder
- 1 vanilla sugar
- 100 g cocoa
- 125 g butter
- 1 dl yoghurt
- 1 vanilla extract
- 1 rum extract
- 200 g cherry
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 1 dl rum
- 200 g white chocolate
- 1 dl sweet cream
- Mix 4 eggs with sugar, vanilla sugar, rum extract and with warm water.
- Mix flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- When mixture becomes light yellow add yoghurt and cooled melted butter. To the mixture add all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and cocoa). Blend easily with hand, not with electric mixer.
- Soak cherry's into rum and add tablespoon of sugar. Chop dark chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 160 °C.
- Smear kuglos mold with oil, and pour little flour on it.
- Into mold pour half of the mixture. Add cherry's and chocolate. After that add the other half of the mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- You can check if the kuglof is baked with a chop stick. Stab the kuglof with it, and if the stick is clean, than the kuglof is baked.
- Left kuglof to cool. After it is cooled take it out of mold.
- Melt white chocolate and mix it with sweet cream. After the mixture is slightly cooled, pout it on kuglof for decoration.
- After everything is cooled put your favorite flower in the middle!
Surprise your loved ones with this amazing decorative kuglof!